How do you know you have broken rib?
- You will have pain over the site when coughing.
- Pain over the site when laughing.
- Pain over the site when trying to sleep or trying to get up from a sleeping position.
- The pain is very localised over the site.
- Deep inhalation will cause pain over the site of fracture
Treatment is usually rest with rib strapping.
Very minimal comlications but you may develop pnuemonia from shallow breathing. It usually takes about 6 weeks for complete healinng and maybe a few more weeks for the bone to regain full strength.